|Full Moon, over Pacific, May 2010|
Each one of us has a unique thing to give....
which is who we are!
- Tim Freke
- Have you ever stopped to think about the actual chances that YOU are HERE on the earth?
- And the chances that YOU are HERE in the FORM and appearance that you are?
- And let me just add that YOU are HERE, NOW, in the days of electricity and the Internet, rather than in the days of Columbus, Julius Caesar or the cavemen?
- Your mother would have had a child and
- she would not have known the difference.......
- you are the only one who could know the difference, but
- that is only because you are here.... you were born.
You and I can only have this thought because we were born. If our mothers had had a child with someone else, we would not be here and could not be having this thought. Can you think about this in your own life? What does it make you feel?
The message at the end of the video that you are not the center of the Universe is NOT my message here. My Simple suggestion this month is just to watch the video and then "sit with" the enormity of the Universe. Again, think about the chances that we are here at all, flying through space on a rock, in the vast expanse of the Universe??
It is that time of year... the month when I write about gratitude and ask you to think about what you are grateful for in your own lives. This November, I am Simply going to suggest that as we in United States sit down to eat our turkey this week, consider the fact that YOU ARE HERE, NOW! Consider the chances that you are here at all and consider the idea that YOU matter Simply because you were born! Each of us is unique and each has their own gifts and talents to bring to the world! I, for one, am grateful for that!
One last suggestion for gratitude will echo something I wrote last month about perfection. Last month I talked about the "glass half full" vs. half empty. Gratitude is similar. If you look at a glass filled half way and picture only the part that you do not have, you will be unhappy. But if you "start from zero" or start from empty and see what you DO have, you will be much more satisfied.